Explain unix shell scripting commands in detail?
This depends widely on the actual shell environment you are using. I suggest you take a look at the YouTube videos, which cover the various scripting elements in detail.
- Open the terminal. Go to the directory where you want to create your script.
- Create a file with . sh extension.
- Write the script in the file using an editor.
- Make the script executable with command chmod +x <fileName>.
- Run the script using ./<fileName>.
- Create a file using a vi editor(or any other editor). Name script file with extension . sh.
- Start the script with #! /bin/sh.
- Write some code.
- Save the script file as filename.sh.
- For executing the script type bash filename.sh.
- Open Command Prompt and navigate to the folder where the script file is available.
- Type Bash script-filename.sh and hit the enter key.
- It will execute the script, and depending on the file, you should see an output.
We've handpicked 57 related questions for you, similar to «Explain unix shell scripting commands in detail?» so you can surely find the answer!